BUILDERS LICENSE SA REQUIREMENTS – SUPERVISOR
Sam was a previous Builders License SA Manager for Government
Click on the common Supervisors builders license SA condition that interests you.
Can’t see the conditions you want? There are more within the builders Standard Conditions List
- Residential Building Work from 1 – 4 storeys
- Additions, Alterations and/or Renovations
- Renovations (Non-structural)
- Commercial Building Work from 1 – 4 storeys
- Air Conditioning Installation
- Bathroom Renovations
- Board Fixing and Flushing
- Brick Paving
- Carpentry, Joinery and/or Cabinet Making
- Demolition and/or Earthworks Construction
- General Concreting and/or Steel fixing
- Handyman (Non-structural)
- Painting and/or Decorating
- Pergolas, Verandahs and Carports
- Retaining Walls
- Wall and Floor Tiling
This is one of the most popular builders license SA conditions. Meaning, the builders technical interview is complex so you must be prepared or else you wont get the condition you’re after. Please note, Certificate IV in Building Construction won’t guarantee you this licence.
Alterations – Allows structural alterations to an existing building but excludes additions. Has no height or class of building restrictions.
Renovations – Makeovers of buildings or properties of all classes (e.g. bathroom, kitchen or other room), that doesn’t alter the use of the room or remove walls, doors or windows. Includes Commercial Building Work ltd to fit outs.
Builders licence SA requirements are strict for all general builders conditions above. Speak to SA Trade Licensing before you apply.
Please note – this is still considered a general builders license SA condition so there’s strict requirements.
This condition is not sought after as much as a residential builders condition. However, builders licence SA requirements are still very strict because these are classed as general builders licenses.
Please note, builders licence SA requirements force air conditioning electrical workers and installers to hold two licenses – a PGE and BLD license. Make sure you and your business are covered – speak to SA Trade Licensing.
Please note, if you’re a licensed SA plumber and advertise bathroom renovations, you must hold or apply for a builders licence SA condition to perform and contract for this work. It’s a common issue and regularly monitored by Government departments.
This is a popular condition for maintenance businesses – speak to SA Trade Licensing about realistic builders licence requirements in SA.
This condition suits landscapers so be sure to contact SA Trade Licensing about realistic builders licence SA requirements.
Joinery – Including fitting of built in furniture (as for Cabinet Making) and stair cases and windows no limitation of height of class of building.
Cabinet Making – On-site fabrication and installation of built in furniture, e.g. kitchens, linen presses, laundry cupboards or similar.
Earthworks Construction – All forms of earthworks without restriction. Site preparation, excavating and trenching associated with residential and commercial building work and all earthworks associated with civil construction.
Please note – there are 4 additional restricted fencing conditions available. Builders license SA requirements are slightly different for each.
Steel fixing – Installing reinforcing requirements for structural concrete in all classes of building.
Please note – the above SA builders conditions can be issued as Concreting & Steel fixing combined
This is an excellent maintenance condition for anyone looking to be a handyman – speak to SA Trade Licensing about realistic SA builders license requirements.
Decorating includes such techniques as marbling, gold leaf, murals and wall papering.
These are popular builders license SA conditions that go well with maintenance workers.
FYI – If you hold a SA building carpentry licence this already covers the pergolas, verandahs & carports condition.
Please note – there are 3 additional retaining wall restricted conditions available. Builders licence SA requirements are slightly different for each.
Builders License SA Requirements
Builders license SA requirements are captured under the Building Work Contractors Act 1995.
You’re expected to understand and reference the following:
¹ National Construction Codes 1 and/or 2
² Australian Standards specific to the conditions you apply for
Wanting to supervise & sign-off any type of building work? A builders license SA registration issued by CBS is a legal requirement.
Why choose SA Trade Licensing & Prices
– Guide and prepare you for the builders technical interview – see below
– Interview practice Q & A’s based on years of Government & client feedback
– No taking time off work to submit documents or waste time with online applications
– We’ll provide you a Work History Report Guide critical for the builders technical interview
– Prefer a 1 hr meeting? For $88 (inc. GST), we’ll select the right conditions for you plus interview & work history preparation.
GENERAL AND RESTRICTED BUILDERS LICENSE SA REQUIREMENTS
Prior to the technical interview you are expected to read Schedule 2 – Registration Performance Criteria.
It’s a detailed document which includes criteria such as:
– Australian Standards and Codes 1 & 2
These may all be tested during the technical interview.
If you’re not prepared for the interview you risk losing the builders license SA application fee!
SA Trade Licensing will:
– Provide a Questions & Answers document to make sure you’re on track
– Explain exactly what to take into, areas to focus on and process of the builders technical interview
– Be there to answer any of your builders licence questions at any stage for no additional cost.
GENERAL AND RESTRICTED BUILDERS LICENCE SA REQUIREMENTS
Already hold or applying for a ‘general’ builders or ‘restricted’ SA supervisors licence?
Thinking of contracting to the public or other trades?
Then you must decide if you want to hold a builders license under:
– Your own name (sole trader)
– Company (Pty Ltd)
SA builders contractor licenses have the following benefits:
Contract or subcontract for the conditions listed on your SA general or restricted supervisors builders licence
Add (nominate) other builders who hold a SA supervisors builders licence with conditions you need to contract for complex jobs
There’s 3 builders license SA contractor requirements:
¹ National Police Clearance –
³ Financial Requirements (additional detailed evidence from an accountant may be required)
SA Trade Licensing will:
– Investigate the key areas of your company structure to ensure compliance
– Explain in plain English exactly what you or your expanding building company’s entitled to error free
– Organise each nominated supervisors licence so they can correctly represent your business.
BUILDERS LICENSE SA TRAINING PROVIDERS
Click on the logo to be redirected to their website
Certificate III & IV Packages